Hardly Evil at All

I bet if you took all the evil people in the world and laid them end to end (but not in any dirty kind of way), you would be surprised to find that not one of them was Me.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Most Dangerous Chicken is Me

All the serious hiding and not showing up I've been doing has finally gotten me the result that I maybe deserve, but don't really want.
First, I missed some things, some phone calls, texts, emails, then some more things, minor and then moderately important things and events until it was too late and awkward to try to make it up and eventually nobody brought them up again. 
That's why I still have all three copies of that book I liked so much that I got one for each of my old best friends.  For Christmas over a year ago.  And the birthday presents for their kids that same year, now residing somewhere in the kitchen, festive wrappings long destroyed and discarded due to months of being knocked about in trunks and on car floors and trips back and forth between house and car, never delivered.
That turned into last-minute texts for holidays and birthdays.  Which turned into even laster-minute FACEBOOK MESSAGES for special days.  Which turned into a sort of game of chicken:  who will acknowledge the other's existence first?
I think I'm winning, because I remember them all, and I'm consciously not reaching out...
The truth is, I'm only winning because I play one stupid game so well I've been forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and opinions are always welcome. Be aware that all comments are subject to review and editing prior to appearing on the site. Keep it clean. Keep it nice. But, if you CAN'T, at least use fictional names!